Wednesday, January 27, 2010

home

some of my favorite things here at home
Home is a name, a word,
it is a strong one;
stronger than magician ever spoke,
or spirit ever answered to,
in the strongest conjuration.
Charles Dickens
~*~
a note to my lovely friends~
While winter is keeping the fields quiet and my little farm sleepy,
I'm working on dollies here by the fire at Deerfield Farm.
I have several little ladyes that will be wanting new homes soon.
Please don't hesitate to email me anytime and ask me
whose little petticoat or bonnet
is being stitched
and what might be in the sewing basket by my chair~
Thank you my friends,
I hope you have a snug day there in your corner of the woods
Christine

8 comments:

Heather said...

ah, such loveliness! your girls look so pretty in the light. and is that a pinkeep I see unfolded on the table? ;) How I wish I could come drop by and visit!~

Christine Crocker said...

Thanks so much, Heather.
Yes, that is indeed a sewing roll up lying there and a wonderful pin cushion,too.
I wish you could come by for a visit,too!

Katie said...

beautiful quote by our friend Mr. Dickens, ma. I so love the quality of light on the farm...I long for light to fill my home...someday soon, right?!

a little work of grace said...

your sweet dollie knows just where to set and rest on a winter's day. Thank you for the little peek inside life, at home, on your farm, Christine.

Love,
Laura

Finegan Antiques said...

Christine,

There is nothing more precious than home, family and friends. Mr. Dickens got it. I wish more people did today.
Thank you for sharing a moment frozen in time of your home.

Donna

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

The early morning light reflecting off the little ladye's face is so enchanting as are all your dollies.
I hope that you will share these creations once they are complete.
Enjoy the warmth of home this first day of February and thank you for inviting us in...
Susan x

Doreen Frost said...

Such a delightful post...I am warmed simply by your writing and photo.

Wishing you a pleasant day.
Doreen

Jeannie said...

Laughter..."A very merry heart does good like medicine."

Wising you a very merry birthday filled with laughter, warm sunshine, and surrounded by love.

Kindest regards,
Mary