Saturday, January 22, 2011

listening to ladye humble~

Ladye Humble is my mentor...in a manner of speaking...
she tells me what belongs in our old farmhouse and what doesn't belong anymore...
She tells me that if she can sit beside it comfortably and hear it speaking to her...
then it should stay...
Although I loved these things...I see her way of thinking...
they are lovely...and yes, I still like this look very much,
But, it's time for these lovelies to move on to grace a new home where they will be loved anew.
~~~
They both speak French....wonderful white enameled tin French canisters... one says "Cafe" ~coffee~slightly worn away and the other "Sucre"~sugar~ They are both in good condition, although there are a few small spots of enamel loss and a little rust. They are nice and will work perfectly for you. They are both 7 3/4" tall and 4 1/2" across. They have been in use in my old farmhouse kitchen for over 25 years.
please do let me know if they Speak French to you as well ~sold~ I thank you for your interest in my old lovelies~ Ladye Humble will be helping me sort through more of my old treasures here as I clean and open up Deerfield Farmhouse for Spring. We have a beautiful day here today...sun shining and kittens climbing trees and half heartedly chasing a bird or two...sleeping on the sunny porch steps.
ahhh.... Spring cannot be too far away!

No comments: