Saturday, July 3, 2010

a beacon of hope

Whenever I see our beautiful flag flying,
I get a catch in my throat.
I can't help but think how very blessed we all are.
That we are blessed to live beneath her colors.
To me, she is a beacon of Hope.
a safe place we call Home.
For wherever her colors are flying overhead,
we know that
some one's daughter and son are, at this moment, watching out for us.
They are far from home...
and looking up at that flag,too.
It's their beacon of hope and a safe place
they call Home.
While we celebrate, wherever our flag is flying,
it is a safe place called
Home.
Happy Independence Day!

10 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Amen Christine!

Tina xo

Gayle said...

It is good to remember what our flag stands for....

you said it all..

Gayle

Christine Crocker said...

Thank you Tina, so nice of you to come for a visit today. Amen and amen.
Christine


Thank you, dear Gayle.
It is good to remember and thank you for coming to visit me today.

I hope your gardens are fragrant and blooming beautiful blooms wherever you(and Simon & Sox,too) look.
love,C

The Creative Bohemian said...

AMEN! My nephew is anew Marine. He is still at boot camp, but I fear for his future, but yet I am proud.

Diane

Katie said...

That's the truth. I'm so proud to be an American.

Christine Crocker said...

Thank you for coming to visit,dear Diane.
I know that I speak for so many when I say, God Bless your nephew and we'll surely keep him in our prayers for his safekeeping.
x,C

hello dear Katie Bird, I'm so glad you came to visit and thank you for your wonderful comment,
I'm very proud too.
xo,ma

a little work of grace said...

I wonder if our founding fathers realized how this simple flag would grab hold of the human spirit with such hope and perseverance.

Thank you for reminding us, friend.

Laura
xo

ann hermes said...

Wonderful sentiment.

Finegan Antiques said...

No truer words were spoken. Freedom, family and friends. The three of these are forever mingled in what it means to be an American. Thank you, past and present, who have sacrificed on our behalf.

Donna

Dixie Redmond said...

Beautiful thoughts.