Monday, March 22, 2010

what's cooking in the doll house

Spring brings warmer days, sunshine and plenty of sweet green grass
for my little hens to nibble and they're loving it.
Each morning they thank me for letting them wander our farm with
more lovely eggs than we can possibly ever use ourselves.
I'd leave them on my neighbor's doorstep, but they all have the same
wonderful over abundance of lovely fresh eggs.
~
What to do?

Spring makes me think of daffodils and the scent of lemon thyme

and wonderfully buttery crusted and "bite-into-a-fresh-lemon"

Lemon Curd Tarts.

It uses plenty of eggs...

the first time I made it, I had to make another batch...it was so good that by the time

I was finished "tasting" it, it was all gone.

It's very easy to make, you just need eggs, butter,sugar & fresh lemons, lots of them.

I dare you not to eat most of your first batch!

~~~

another lovely thing that's cooking

is that my work table in the doll house is filled with piles of

old fabrics, thread and sweet spring trimmings~

getting these and other little dolly dumplings ready for spring

they'll be making their own Easter baskets and coloring eggs soon...

and I hope to keep them out of the Lemon Tarts.

They each seem to have their own little spoons tucked into their pockets

under their skirts.

6 comments:

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Making it difficult to scroll down past the yummy lemon curd tarts I came upon another wondrous treat... several of your darling dollies in degrees of completion. How delightful to glimpse at each one and see them as you do and imagine the beauty you have yet to bestow to their dainty lips, delicate brow and evocative costume...
Susan x

a little work of grace said...

Those little dollies certainly are a playful lot . . . . I, myself, would probably join them with spoon hidden in my pocket . . . then again . . there's always the quick finger dive into the bowl! I'm going to have to try and make those tasty little tarts.

How fun to get a peek into the doll house! hope they didn't have to push and shove to get into the picture. That would be rather naughty!

Love your pictures, Christine,

Laura
xo

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

LOOKS AS IF A TEA PARTY IS IN ORDER WITH TASTY LEMON CURD TARTLETS TO BE SERVED... HOW DELIGHTFULLY YUMMY THEY LOOK WITH A SWEET SPRING VIOLET SITTING HAPPILY ATOP... & YOUR DARLING GIRLS LOOK EVER SO FETCHING... HAVE A GRAND WEEK....B

Dixie Redmond said...

How beautiful your little dolls are!

The lemon curd is mmmmmmm. I definitely want to try it. No chickens wandering our yard, sadly, but I know a place where I can buy fresh eggs.

Heather said...

Aw, look at all those lovely ladies! They seem very eager for easter! The custards look divine too... no doubt I'd eat them all!

Gayle said...

Christe'

I am always up for a "dolly" story, and I don't blame them for wanting a wee taste of the tarts.

But I have to say the photo of the eggs with grass is most endearing!!!

Gayle from Stars